26.6.15

DIY Container // Makeup Brush Holder // Guest Post / Gillian Walker

So today's post is extra special... It's a guest blogger post!!

Gillian Walker, a wonderful friend of mine, is going to be showing you all her ADORABLE diy that I'm in love with! And you can use it for anything! (makeup brushes, pens, etc). Keep on reading to find out how to make your own!



So I found this metal holder with glass jar/cups at Michael's and thought that I could do something fun with it...

Materials:
White Spray Paint- any brand will do 
Mod Podge Sheer Pink Sealer, Glue and Finish- There are other available colors like aqua and yellow.
Sandpaper
Sponge brush
Ashland Decorative Fillers
Any jar and holder (I forget the name of the company who supplied the glass jar holder, but I know you can get something like it at Michael's)


Directions:

1. First I sanded the metal holder with sand paper.


2. Then I spray painted the holder with white spray paint. After it dried, I flipped it then painted the underside.



3. While that was drying, I painted the glass jars with a pink mod podge sheer glass paint.



After everything dried, I poured 1/2 a cup of clear plastic beads/pebbles into the jars and then put the jars back into the holders. Right now I'm using the holder for some if my make-up brushes.

 ~Gillian

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading :)






Would YOU like to guest blog? Email me at heartforartanelise@gmail.com or see here for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment