23.2.15

DIY Drawer Accents and Makeover

Hi ya'll! Hope you're having a tremendous Tuesday :)  (please excuse my awesome alliteration)

Today's post will be...

DIY Drawer Accents and Makeover





The first thing I did was repaint my mini dresser (I'm not really sure what to call it).

For the whole dresser, I used Behr Paint, in the color of Gentle Rain.



I placed the drawers and mini dresser on newspapers, and then
painted away!


The inside of the drawers had already been painted.


 I did two coats of paint and after they dried, it had been about an hour.

Now here's the fun part... The accented drawers :)

Materials:


1. Paint. I used metallic gold paint from Michael's for a few bucks.



2. Stencil. I bought mine from Michael's for a couple dollars.

3. Brushes. Foam brushes are the best. I got a set of a ton different kinds from Michael's (surprise surprise) for about $5.


4. Cardboard (to put the paint on, to dip the brush in)

5. Newspaper or something to stop paint from getting on the floor or table.


Steps:

1. Place the stencil on the side of the drawers.

2. Put some paint on the cardboard and dip the brush into the paint.

3. Paint over the stencil and onto the drawer.


4. Allow to dry at least half way.
5. Peel off stencil.


6. Enjoy :)






As a bonus, I decided to add dots to the handles. I didn't use a stencil for this part, I jut did it by hand.


These simple steps leave you with a cute and fun accent to add to any dresser!

Please comment our thoughts or ways that you like to accent drawers! I love to hear from you!

~Anelise